Map: Flower V2
I believe some of the missions on this map, (but not all,) can be completed at comp (no sell) hard difficulty using just one petal/quarter.
(NB A quarter of the map also includes the nearest T shaped block of 4 tiles.)
Obviously the longer missions wont work that way, but if you have the time and interest you may wish to find out which missions can be beaten like this. (I've done one or two, but I wasn't really trying, so there may/should be more.)
Call it my festive challenge.
Apart from the bragging rights customary to winning a challenge like this, it may not be much of a reward, but if you want, whoever manages to gain the most points (see below) will be rewarded/win with my help to work with you to make a DG2 map of your own, based on a drawing, notes, emails etc. Or you could do it for the bragging rights alone. 🙂 Or perhaps you've started a map in DGArchitect and you want a hand to finish it. Winners choice.
How to Win
Beat as many of the missions as possible, on Comp (No Sell) Hard with no cores lost.
(So it won't count if you play on Open Elite or lose any cores.)
You will need to provide two screenshots, one taken just after the last alien dies, showing as much of the map as possible, as clearly as possible and the second one needs to be of your score summary screen.
Or to put it another way, if I can't tell how many towers you have/have not used, I cant process your entry.
Submit your entry's using the form provided below.
Please submit each mission in a separate form submission.
Points will be awarded as follows
+1 point for every player that manages to complete any mission using only the tower tiles in one petal/quarter.
+1 point for whoever has the best score for each mission type at the end of the competition. (Even if it uses more than one petal.)
+1 point for whoever has used the least amount of towers for each mission type at the end of the competition. (Even if it uses more than one petal. Boost towers are not counted.)
Picking a Winner
The challenge will end on January 3rd 2016 midnight GMT UK time.
The winner will be the player who gains the most points.
I will try to post running totals every few days, so people know how the competition is progressing.
For everything else, Judges decision will be final etc etc.
Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified from the whole competition. We will post the winning entries for each mission on a page after the deadline.
I suggest you don't post the screenshots online until after the competition deadline, to ensure someone else doesn't copy your layout.
- If you don't want to have a map made that's ok, I will make the same offer to the player with the next highest point total.
- The map will be yours to do with as you wish. I hope you will consider having it posted to dg2freemaps, but the choice will be yours.
- Don't ask me to copy someone else's work or infringe their copyright, whether in whole or in part.
- Be aware that some maps come together quickly, some take a lot of time, so it may take a week or it could take a couple of months or more.
- I will do what I can, within reason, to make your ideas work. But some ideas may need adjusting, may take too much time to be viable or may simply not be possible. That's how development goes sometimes. I expect you to accept that.
- Whilst I expect to be doing most of the work, I will also expect you to be involved and play-testing the map until it is finished. If you stop part way through then so do I.
Note from DG2FreeMaps.com:
DG2FreeMaps.com is not responsible for the running, outcome, or prizes of this challenge. Any form submissions made by this form will result in both the submitters email address and steam name being sent directly to "Grimlar". DG2FreeMaps.com is not responsible for any lost, corrupted and/or undelivered submissions. DG2FreeMaps.com is not responsible for "Gimlar"s use of any personal information sent by the user through this form.